Licensed House & Condo Electricians

Minor Home Wiring and Repairs

Commercial Building Wiring

Office Troubleshooting

(647) 932 5666

Run wire to appliance. Connect device. Hook up equipment

Looking for a licensed PRO to run a line to a piece of equipment or to hook up a device?

Puzzled because appliance plug does not match the wall socket?

appliance wiring in Toronto. Equipment hookup (647) 932 5666

You are at the right place, we can help!

But first,

An electrician needs to know power supply details of the device, appliance, motor, or equipment that you'd like him to install.

Find the parameters either in the manual, on the label, sticker, or on the manufacturer website. Or call the seller/manufacturer directly and ask to email these details to me.

If it is a simple and small device for home or office, please email its voltage and amps (sample: 120/240V, 20A) and a picture of its male plug attached to the cord's end.

If it is a bigger machine, please email the number of conductors required in feeding line. Or advise as to the number of wires in the power supply cable or in the cord needed to connect appliance to the power or to the wall plug.


Inform us about Volts, Amps and Watts (look for something like 110V, 120V, 110/220V, 240 V, 120/240 V, 347 volt, 600V; 15 Amp or 20A, 30 A, 60 Amp, 600W, 1000W, 2 KW, etc.)

Larger equipment could have kilowatts, or KVA markings (look for something like 6KW, 20 KVA, etc.) For bigger commercial and industrial machines please give the number of phases as well.

The Canadian Electrical Code requires that devices, appliances, motors, all other equipment be marked and labeled with the above data.

Knowing the details will allow me to come prepared, do the job faster and save your money. Or vice versa!

There are hundreds of different combinations of the above parameters. And each combination requires a cable of a different gauge and number of conductors, correct breakers, switches, proper plugs and receptacles. And all these are neither compatible, nor interchangeable.

No expert is able to know such details by just having a look at the picture of the equipment. That's why you need to find this out. Or, instead, you can prepay us to search for the necessary info.

Try to locate those parameters either in the manual, on the label, sticker, or on the manufacturer website. Another option is to call the seller/manufacturer directly, ask and email this info or pictures to us.

Try to find a marking on the male plug. Look for something like one of these:

NEMA L6-20
NEMA 14-20P

I will know that NEMA L21-30P stands for a twist-lock male plug, 30A, 120/208 Volts AC, 3 phase plus neutral, plus ground, or 4 pole, 5 wire.
Such single piece of information, the type of plug, would be enough for the licensed PRO to come prepared, do it faster, and charge less!

appliance electrician in Markham

You can also take and send to the email given below two or three high quality pictures (taken from different angles) of the male plug on the cord (if your device has such a plug).

European/Asian male plugs would not have such marking if the device was made for use in Europe/Asia. Their male plugs could have different identifiers. Yet, please copy/email such codes, markings, identifiers and pics to us.

If you are unable to give the parameters, an expert may be able to figure it out himself. I can go online, call the seller or the manufacturer and ask. A prepaid nonrefundable $70 fee or more should apply to cover my time and effort.

Or you should prepay $160 or more for our visit to your site. There will be no refund and no guarantee of the outcome of such investigation.

appliance electrician in Vaughan

But again, you can do it all for free by reading the manual, checking the label, browsing internet or calling the seller/manufacturer directly.

If it uses 208V or 120/208V or is a three phase appliance, please ask your building manager or landlord about voltage and the phases of the power supply in your building and email this data to me. Some 208V or 120/208V devices will NOT operate properly on 240V or 120/240V circuits. And a three phase machine will not work on a single phase or two pole circuit.

Same applies to 240V or 120/240V equipment that could or could not work properly in the building with 208V or 120/208V power supply.


North York appliance breaker electrician. Equipment hookup in Thornhill (647) 932 5666

equipment male plug doesn't match the wall outlet in Etobicoke, appliance device cord plug is different than a wall socket in Mississauga, run wire to pump, conduit from compressor to panel in Woodbridge, hook up hoist in Thornhill, lift or crane connection in Toronto, install wall outlet for appliance

Comments and questions

NO anonymous questions or comments please. Use

Comment as:   >   Name/URL   >   and enter any name WITHOUT URL

Comments with outgoing links will NOT be published!